- 4-5 medium-sized carrots
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- A pinch of white pepper (optional)
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces to make cooking easier.
- Cook the carrots in a pot of lightly salted water until they become soft and easy to mash. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the water and place the carrots in a food processor or use a hand blender to mash them into a smooth puree.
- Add butter or olive oil to the puree and blend again for a smoother texture.
- If you wish, you can season the puree with a pinch of salt and white pepper for extra flavor. Note that salt and pepper are optional and can be omitted completely if you prefer.
- Serve the carrot puree warm and allow it to cool to a suitable temperature before giving it to the baby.
You can also experiment with adding other ingredients to vary the taste, such as a pinch of cinnamon or a small amount of grated ginger to give it an extra twist. Remember to adjust the consistency according to your child's age and preferences.